¿Quien soy yo y adónde voy?
A month from today I'll be in Spain, embarking on a 28-day research voyage that I also hope will help me avoid the kind of conversation I had at a BBQ this weekend:
Intrepid Reporter "M": How do you say lukewarm in Spanish?
SJB: um...
I.R. "M": ¿Caliente-frio?
SJB: um...*
My non-classroom vocabulary always suffers when I haven't been to Spain in awhile.
Here's the proposed itinerary (light blue lines indicate possible side trips) and dates (click on the pin markers):
View Larger Map
Now all I need to do is find places to stay in Barcelona and Madrid; read all the things I didn't have time to read during the semester but need to have read before I hit the Biblioteca Nacional; catalog the books and films I own, so I don't buy anything I already have; and figure out where I need to go in each city and what I need to show them to prove that I'm an eminent scholar who needs access to whatever they've got. Among other things...
* Augh! It's tibio.
Intrepid Reporter "M": How do you say lukewarm in Spanish?
SJB: um...
I.R. "M": ¿Caliente-frio?
SJB: um...*
My non-classroom vocabulary always suffers when I haven't been to Spain in awhile.
Here's the proposed itinerary (light blue lines indicate possible side trips) and dates (click on the pin markers):
View Larger Map
Now all I need to do is find places to stay in Barcelona and Madrid; read all the things I didn't have time to read during the semester but need to have read before I hit the Biblioteca Nacional; catalog the books and films I own, so I don't buy anything I already have; and figure out where I need to go in each city and what I need to show them to prove that I'm an eminent scholar who needs access to whatever they've got. Among other things...
* Augh! It's tibio.
Labels: Spain, Wanderlust
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home