The SJB Returns, and blueberries
AMHERST, MASS. -- I realize that my blog readership has probably dwindled down to a select few after my long absence, but here it is, the middle of August, and since I last set foot in the blogosphere, I've been to Ireland, moved to Massachusetts, driven to Brooklyn and back in a day (not recommended), and bought a hybrid car. I have arrived!
More updates to follow now that I'm wired for action. For now, however, I will placate you with this photo of wild blueberries from the forests of Northern Wisconsin. Visitors to my new faculty housing estate in Amherst may be offered handpicked wild Wisconsin blueberries from the stash in my freezer. Tempted?

More updates to follow now that I'm wired for action. For now, however, I will placate you with this photo of wild blueberries from the forests of Northern Wisconsin. Visitors to my new faculty housing estate in Amherst may be offered handpicked wild Wisconsin blueberries from the stash in my freezer. Tempted?
Labels: metablog, Wisconsin represent.
5 Comments:
Dude--where are the pictures and blog posts from Ireland? And your readers want pictures of your new digs (both professorial and domestile).
Welcome to the Pioneer Valley!
Dude! Not to fear: I'll get to it.
Yay, she's back! And I'm still here! Can't wait to hear about the joys and trials of assistant-professorship-dom. Good luck and man, those berris look amazing. -- Smoody
PS -- my mom just bought a hybrid, too, a red Prius -- that bright, new red, not the old, maroon one. An embarrassing factoid about my family is that we name cars (comes from a boating tradition, maybe?), and we're currently debating: Ruby, Cherry, Bing, Maraschino.... What color did you get? -- Smoody
You bought a hybrid car and I'm hearing about it on your blog?! Details, please.
Oh, and, uh, welcome back. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home