SJB in Busytown
Top ten accomplishments in the last week:
- Ran 3 miles without the aid of infectious pop tunes on my iPod, instead listening to infectious conversation with SKB.
- Finished Gilead by Marilynne Robinson (I liked Housekeeping better, but this novel was still good) and started John Irving's Cider House Rules, since I've pretty much forgotten the plot of the movie.
- Gave these socks to SKB, and started a new knitting project, still top secret:
- Learned what organza, cap sleeves, boat neck and French bustles are.
- Watched "16 Candles" for about the 20th time, while still discovering fresh nuances in an old classic.
- Decided that Dick Button is the singlemost obnoxious, sexist, xenophobic moron ever to provide commentary during Olympic figure skating events.
- Made these strawberry confections:
- Went to Seattle. Thought it was cool. Saw my high school buddies. Talked with one who has ditched the Midwestern accent in favor of a Pacific Northwest accent, inexplicably, after only 6 years there.
- Got a job at SF State.
- Decided not to take the job at SF State, thus making it almost certain that I will be in Berkeley for another year, and be able to provide you with more witty commentary on the academic job search on this blog. Win-win?


Labels: Bullet points rock, SJB on SJB
5 Comments:
In fairness to the annoying Dick Button, he suffering a brain injury about five years ago after falling on the ice. (Congrats on the job offer. It's always nice to be appreciated.)
That is, he suffered a brain injury. (As for me, I have no excuse for the incoherent statement. I can't even ice skate.)
But did the brain injury make him annoying? I mean, I'm sorry about his brain injury, but it seems to me that it's his personality that's most grating.
No. I suppose he is annoying and offensive all on his own.
Oh. these were fun to read...I agree that Button was annoying and had not one positive thing to say about anyone!!! Not even those from the USA (joke, Sara) I, too fell on the ice...and gave up ice skating...maybe Dick should give up commentary!
Post a Comment
<< Home