Four Truths and No Lies for April 2nd
1. The game was over, and UW had lost, but I did indeed check the score of the Badgers game on Friday night.
2. My first stab at a raw food breakfast involved a delicious hemp seed and kale smoothie (it also had banana, blueberries and pineapple in it -- and looked like liquid tabouleh, but tasted great!)
3. Um, no.
4. It was a bright, warm spring day in Hartford on Sunday when I made my first golf outing with three patient golf aficionados. I used a driver, I picked up free tees, I learned what a pitching wedge is, I lost 3 or 4 balls, I saw a coyote, I never hit anything even approximating par and for the back three I gave up, picked up my ball and moved it to the green, but it's true, I played golf!
Thanks for playing, everyone. The Grand Marnier comes out on top, and wins a hemp seed/kale smoothie, payable upon her appearance in the Pioneer Valley and/or I-91 corridor (caveat: I have to be there, too, as does the smoothie-maker). Congrats!
The rest of you seem to like to hold on to specious preconceived notions about me, but that's cool. And I should mention that even the smoothie maker, who was present for all three truths, was almost duped by the lie. Limited basic cable rules!
2. My first stab at a raw food breakfast involved a delicious hemp seed and kale smoothie (it also had banana, blueberries and pineapple in it -- and looked like liquid tabouleh, but tasted great!)
3. Um, no.
4. It was a bright, warm spring day in Hartford on Sunday when I made my first golf outing with three patient golf aficionados. I used a driver, I picked up free tees, I learned what a pitching wedge is, I lost 3 or 4 balls, I saw a coyote, I never hit anything even approximating par and for the back three I gave up, picked up my ball and moved it to the green, but it's true, I played golf!
Thanks for playing, everyone. The Grand Marnier comes out on top, and wins a hemp seed/kale smoothie, payable upon her appearance in the Pioneer Valley and/or I-91 corridor (caveat: I have to be there, too, as does the smoothie-maker). Congrats!
The rest of you seem to like to hold on to specious preconceived notions about me, but that's cool. And I should mention that even the smoothie maker, who was present for all three truths, was almost duped by the lie. Limited basic cable rules!
7 Comments:
What the heck is a DVR? I know it only as Division of Vocational Rehab from my OT days!
It's like a VCR for DVDs. Or like TiVo. I'll bet DDB has one or the other...
A VCR for DVDs? Oh dear. If you had made this "description" available before your quiz, I would have been a more educated voter.
Not to insult one of my regular readers, but I was trimming down my definition for the technologically-challenged.
How would *you* define it, big shot?
I would say that a DVR (better known by the brand name TiVo) is a digital video recorder. Much the same way that a VCR records tv, a DVR records tv, only onto a small computer hard-drive. The benefit, or course, is that you can start watching what you have taped *before* you have finished taping said program. You can also set up season passes, or teach the DVR to record shows similar to those that you already record. That, in a nutshell, is the definition of a DVR.
Hope that clears up any confusion out there! :)
Hi Sara,
I'm coming late to this game, but I totally would have voted correctly... solidarity! Down with technology! Boo to entertainment! We must both deny ourselves these middle class comforts for some (noble?) reason! You and me are just like "this" (gestures wildly back and forth from my eyes to yours). p.s. are you proud of me? I finally learned to post.
I'm *really* proud of you! Especially since I saw the comment on the raw blog, too! Go you!
Welcome to the SJBlog comments, Marga: where shit goes down.
Post a Comment
<< Home