Welcome to the SJB Sabbatical
Today I joined Twitter for an hour. Then I deactivated my account. It is the prerogative of any dubious social media user to change her mind.
At any rate, all I really wanted to do was catalog my sabbatical.
But before I discuss all that, let's go through the ground rules:
So... welcome to my sabbatical.
Next up: Sabbatical kickoff!
At any rate, all I really wanted to do was catalog my sabbatical.
But before I discuss all that, let's go through the ground rules:
- Yes, I have been granted a paid leave for a year.
- No, I won't be teaching during that time.
- No, I won't have any other official campus duties (advising, committees, etc.)
- Yes, this is an amazing thing.
- Recover from the previous three years, relax and meditate. Repeat as necessary.
- Publish. Publishpublishpublish.
- Read.
- Travel. Vacation-wise, conference-wise, research-wise.
- Resurrect a hobby, volunteer, exercise, cook, fix things around the house, sort out previously-marginalized life issues.
So... welcome to my sabbatical.
Next up: Sabbatical kickoff!
Labels: Sabbatical
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home