Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Brring, brring. Who is it? Nature.

Last night the dog mauled a toad in my backyard, and I'm fairly sure it's because she spent a collarless week on an island hunting rodents and she's still in feral mode.



The roll call of animals and birds I saw in Northern Wisconsin this year was impressive, and happily included no bears:
Our Nation's Bald Eagle
white-tailed deer (the state animal, if you really wanted to know)
hawks
least sand piper
mink
loon
painted turtle
mice, mice and more mice (some alive, some not)

Alas, the weasels were elusive this year, most likely because every time I looked for them, I had a noisy black dog running or swimming after me who scared them away.

Next year: Lumberjack Bowl. Only 53 miles away!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Love that turtle picture. It's flying!

7/29/09, 9:34 AM  
Blogger ginger/brooks said...

i love the turtle picture. especially the reflection.



willa

8/24/09, 10:39 AM  
Blogger SJB said...

Thanks! :)

8/24/09, 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home