Monday, December 18, 2006

Things I Can Do in Madison...

... that I can't do in Berkeley:
  • Laundry! Without leaving the house, and as often as I want!
  • Watch cable, both the vapid (endless E! celebrity year-in-reviews) and the witty (The Daily Show!).
  • Celebrate the recent success of my 2-year-old nephew in "putting a poopy in the potty!"
  • Theoretically: play in the snow. Actually: hope it drops below 32 degrees for Xmas because I can suffer through holiday rain in California, thank you very much.
  • Drive a 2003 Volkswagon Passat! (ahem, theoretically...Dad...)
  • Trade in my laptop and uncalloused hands to tromp off through a farm and saw down a tree (long time watcher, first time sawer) to a chorus of "timber!" Gratifying? You betcha!
  • And, of course, say things like "pop," "you betcha" and "ya, sure, hey" without fear of ridicule. Instead, I get ridiculed for using "fortuitous" wrong or mentioning that in California it sometimes hits 70s degrees in December. Can't win.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home