Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oski and the Tree

As I sitting here on my couch trying to write academic mumbo-jumbo, I'm being serenaded by the Cal Marching Band playing a medley of Cal fight songs in preparation for Saturday's Big Game against Stanford. I mean Stanfurd. Which, despite being an admittedly apathetic to football, I'm going to. Because I don't feel like I can graduate from this school without hitting the Big Game, and seeing Cal get the ax and chop down the Tree and fight for victory and Grrrrrrrrr -- rrrr -- rrrrr!

I have managed to memorize at least the first stanza of the Cal Fight Song, and now I know about the Grrrrr-ing from this other fight song, The Big "C", and I not only watched the heartbreaking Cal vs. USC game but also yelled at the screen, which is not something I usually do, so I think I'm ready. If I weren't 30 and trying to maintain some air of respectability, I might be tempted to get one of those "Fuck Stanfurd" T-shirts, but, ahem, I applied for a postdoc there, so that's probably not wise.

Grrrrrrrr.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger dl004d said...

The Cal band had better practice up if they want to top Stanford's band for the Best Marching Band Momement Ever.

11/29/06, 9:13 AM  
Blogger dl004d said...

Uh, I mean "moment."

(Although that play was so great that it was probably the best "momement" too, if such a word exists. Which it doesn't.)

11/29/06, 9:14 AM  
Blogger SJB said...

Around here, this is called "The Play" and it's considered the Cal football team's best moment ever...

11/29/06, 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home