Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pretty freakin' Berkeley

These are photos from today's How Berkeley Can You Be? Parade and Festival. Sorry, Dave, I didn't get any photos of the naked people, but rest assured, they were there (they're always there). Instead, here are some motorized cupcakes and a couple of my favorite Art Cars. Man, I love the Art Cars...

This Volvo, covered with lefty bumper stickers, is basically every car in Berkeley, taken to its logical extreme.

This is another favorite (and the kids love it, too!): I call it the shark car. I drive past it on my return route from the grocery store (the Berkeley Bowl, which is another Berkeley phenomenon in and of itself).
Also making appearances in the parade? Free-range chickens on stilts, a biodiesel brigade, men dressed as Vulcans (and mumbling in what I can only presume to be Vulcanese?), the mayor of Berkeley (yawn) and a man in a pink bodysuit riding a unicycle (who may have not even known about the parade). Oh, and this banana bike:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Grand Marnier said...

I want a motorized cupcake!

9/18/06, 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i looove the carosaur. i see it occasionally on derby st. it's brilliantly done---if the stegosaurus had eveolved properly this is how it would look.

9/25/06, 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home