Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

I fear I will lose my core readership (shouts-out to my core readers: holla!!) if I don't post something, even though I haven't come up with a catchy garlic-fries-type topic. But if you're wondering where I've been, I'll give you a hint: The names have all changed since you hung around, but those dreams have remained and they're turned around (who'd have thought they'd lead ya) (who'd have thought they'd lead ya) (right here where we need ya) (here where we need ya)...

That's right: it's Welcome Back, Brenneis, as I stepped back into that most hallowed of ground, the classroom, just two short weeks ago. I'm teaching an intensive 8-week Spanish course -- 2 hours a day, 5 days a week -- with another instructor, in which the students walk in as Joe Schmoes and walk out 8 weeks later as José Eschmoes, supposedly. It's a little draining, frankly, as I'm used to long empty days of mulling over my dissertation in virtual isolation, bouncing ideas off Addison. Now, I'm off on my bike to campus every morning, jumping around like a trained monkey in front of 20 students, who quite possibly think I'm always this effusive at 9 am, but are quite wrong. I can turn on the charm and gusto for language classes, I guess. Still, I got into the Spanish Literature biz for the thrill of the classroom, so it's good to get back to basics, in a sense. I'll keep you posted on any wacky antics that take place, rest assured...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've just dated yourself!!...but I am glad you're back on the blog.

7/14/06, 5:27 PM  
Blogger SJB said...

I actually never watched "Welcome Back, Kotter," because I'm waaaaay too young. Plus I use words like "holla." So there, Mom.

7/14/06, 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought"Holla" came from Ellen!!!

7/15/06, 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home